Monday, September 18, 2006

Polar Bear Blog - September 17, 2006

The greenhouse is dead. With increasingly cool temperatures, we figured it was time to put the old redneck greenhouse to rest. Of course, when it was halfway disassembled the sun came out and it feels like it is 20C out there now.

The final harvest was pretty good, lots of potatoes, carrots, some dill, nasturtium and onions. We moved quite a few plants back into the house and are keeping the cucumbers and tomatoes going. I think I have figured out my final plans for a floating, hydroponic greenhouse on our lake next year...

I am going to stop posting on this site, partly because I have created a blog on www.polarbearalley.com and partly because this site is really slow to post things on! So bookmark and stay tuned to www.polarbearalley.com for daily not-really-news from Churchill.

1 Comments:

At 7:23 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am hoping to go to Churchill to photograph the bears in October. Is there a cheap way to do this? Everything I find on line seems to take a whole lot more money than I have. Are there locals that can take me out? I don't need anything fancy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home