Monday, August 21, 2006

Polar Bear Blog - My Brief and Tumultuous Career as a Travel Writer - August 21, 2006

So, I just finished a ten-day argument with editors at UpHere Magazine about my 'Confessions of a Buggy Driver' article. You see, I have a slight problem with authority and especially authority that changes my creative ejaculations. I take it personally.

Things were going quite well until I received the latest rewrite and then replied by email that I was going to fly to Yellowknife and punch one of their employees in the face if the article ran unchanged. Usually, I am quite a reasonable guy but there is something about someone rewriting or redrawing or remixing something you created that is akin to putting the moves on your girlfriend while you are in the same room (they have not slept with her but you still feel violated and enraged at the same time and kind of have to do something about it).

But, I suppose that despite my prima donna fantasies, this happens to all writers and it is merely a part of the game and it will end up fine in the end with no one noticing other than me.

Mmmm... self-publishing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home